Replacing plastic tip on Staytrem tremolo arm
The plastic tip on a Staytrem tremolo arm is a tight push on fit and can be easily removed and replaced -
- First fill a cup with boiling water
- Dip the end of the tremolo arm in the hot water for approximately 20 seconds
- Using a soft cloth pull the plastic tip off, if it is still too tight dip it in the water for a little longer.
- Push the new replacement tip on to the arm, at this stage it will only go on a little way.
- Dip it in the hot water again for approximately 20 seconds.
- Using a soft cloth push it right on as far as it will go.
- When the tip cools down it will be a tight fit again.
- Hint. There is a small unavoidable mark on the side of the tip from the moulding process, when it was manufactured, it is advisable to orientate the tip so that this mark will end up facing downwards when the arm is fitted to the guitar so that it will not show.